Thursday, August 12, 2010

Thursday Updates

1) Murph Day: "Despite the intensity of the firefight and suffering grave gunshot wounds himself, Murphy is credited with risking his own life to save the lives of his teammates. Murphy, intent on making contact with headquarters, but realizing this would be impossible in the extreme terrain where they were fighting, unhesitatingly and with complete disregard for his own life moved into the open...""This deliberate and heroic act deprived him of cover and made him a target for the enemy... At one point he was shot in the back causing him to drop the transmitter. Murphy picked it back up, completed the call and continued firing at the enemy who was closing in."
1 mile Run, 100 pullups, 200 pushups, 300 squats, 1 mile run (partition reps as needed)

2) HERO WOD Make Up Day: Friday Aug 13, 5-630PM. If you need to make-up 1(one) Hero WOD, do it then.

3) IM ABLE Duathlon Sept. 18

6 comments:

Wakinyan4 said...

Well it's here, today is the big one; Murph!! Here's wishing everyone well attacking this WOD.
Just break it down and go at it!

Melissa H. said...

This is my 3rd Murph and while the first 2 times I did 10 rounds of 10-20-30, this time I did 5 rounds of 60-40-20 squats, pushups, pullups...while still a beast of a workout, I found I liked this much more than the other way. Just throwing it out there....

sscaffidi12 said...

Thanks Melissa! I think I'm going to tackle it that way!

Wakinyan4 said...

Melissa thanks for the insight, I may just try that myself. Mentally 5 rounds just sounds more pleasing than 10...LOL!! Like you said, "Still a beast..."

Gretch said...

I was considering trying it in the prescribed order 100-200-300 but I've always done 10 rounds, so I'll try your suggestion; 5 rounds is a nice step between 10 and 1...

ScottD said...

R.I.P. Murphy

Post a Comment