Sunday, November 15, 2009

Sunday CFer


This Sunday CFer is an avid mountain biker and brings that grinding "go hard or go home" mentality to every CF class!











Name, age
Scott Davis, age 45

When did you start CF?
I’ve been working out at some sort of Globo-Gym for ever (since 9th grade) and I remember seeing a bunch of lunatics running through Wyomissing in the rain carrying a tree or something similar. I remember thinking that I should either help them or report them to the police, after all why would anyone do that willingly? A couple of years later I transitioned my workouts after trying Sam’s Down Under class while she was at Globo-Gym and that’s when I saw Chris again leading his crew in some sort of insanity utilizing crap from the back of his truck and the gym’s physical plant. I got up the courage to try a class and loved it. I didn’t become a CF head though until Chris moved into his own space.

Why do you like CF?
What’s not to like about CF? First off, Chris is a very special guy who emanates contagious, positive energy. Secondly, the people who surround Chris are like apples to the tree. Thirdly, I’ve tried every workout from early 80’s aerobics to whatever other fad pops up and nothing compares to the functional movement and full body workout you get by cross-training. I’m convinced that our instructors are extra-creative as well. I keep coming back for all the reasons above and because I selfishly need the interaction to charge my self.

What other activities do you do to stay fit?
I love to MTB. I ride as much as schedules permit. Anyone wants to ride let me know. I also run, ski, and board but I do those things because CF allows my body to.

Do you use CF to train for any sport or activity?
In addition to the stuff I just mentioned, CF keeps my body from getting sore and stiff after long days of yard work .There’s that functional movement benefit.

Most and least favorite exercises?
I pretty much love all of the exercises; I mean anything can be fun for thirty seconds. When I think of least favorite I do a mental visit to the complaint department and all the exercises become my new favorites again. I am particularly weak with pull-ups and want to get better.

Personal challenge you have at CF?
It can be easy at times (close your eyes Kaag) to not give 110% if you’re not “on”. So I guess my personal challenge is to give it everything throughout the whole class.

Most memorable moment?
Compared to a lot of CFers I’m a relative newbie but I’d have to say that the army crawl through the sand in the volleyball court at Gring’s is a classic CF memory. Up through the pile of mulch then crawling through the sand, that is vintage CF and you can’t get that just anywhere!

What would you like to see at CF?
It’s all good to me!

8 comments:

Wakinyan4 said...

Outstanding Scott! That was hilarious!! I am glad you are a part of the "Lunatic Fringe." And it is really cool that you introduced your son to this madness at an early age!

Maria_C said...

You made me smile this morning Scott. Thanks.

Jan said...

Niiiice. Glad you finally listened to your inner freak and came around!

DanO said...

Very cool Scott- you def represent the mindset it takes to be a CFer. But I do have to call you out on your contention that "anything can be fun for 30 seconds"! I can think of a number of exceptions to this, most which would not be appropriate postings to this blog!

Trish the dish said...

Very entertaining to read! Super attitude!

Matt_D said...

T-Dish: Where you been?

ScottD said...

DanO- right you are but I am very confident in my ability to hold onto the soap even in the Berks County Clink.

Unknown said...

Scott - You are a great man. Jack should be proud to have you as his father!

Post a Comment