Friday, November 20, 2009

Friday Friskiness

Lots of Nawata abs this week! And did you see the last week at crossfit? Eva, Angie, Fran, Elizabeth...zoinks!!!

A little behind on posting workouts too.
1) Kettle-gility: 3-hurdle, HP, Ball Pike, Single Leg Hop, Hip Extension, H2H Swing, Ladder, Clap pushup, Cossack lunge
2) KB Gone Bad: (50 sec on, 10 off, 5 rds) HP, Ring Row, H2H Swing, Box Jump, BellsUp Press

Looks like we may have 30 or so "For the Fallen"! C'mon out and jump in with a group!

Blog help! We do tend to "run out" of ideas for the blog format. You know the format is:
M: Did you know?
T: Attitude
W: Form
R: Updates
Su: CFer

If you have something in mind...like a factoid for the Did you know?...an Inspirational quote or story for Attitude...a request to post the Form or Form tips for a specific exercise...suggest a Sunday CFer...please, please, please send it to Chris or myself...and always send Update material (events, races, results, etc). It's even better if you can find stuff (ie, "here's a good article on sugar and diet for the Did you know." or "here's a good youtube video of form for Deadlift.") Any help in that way would be much appreciated!

14 comments:

Maria_C said...

MD: I never heard back on this, maybe you can answer, as I have many people asking...Can you also buy tickets to the event at the door??

Matt_D said...

Good question. Ask Chris about that one.

Maria_C said...

I did. lol

Chris said...

Sorry for not getting back MC but was in a whirlwind of a freaking day yesterday!! You can buy at the door

Unknown said...

When don't you, Chris, have a whirlwind of a freaking day??

Maria_C said...

No problem. Thank you. I will let everyone know.

tanner said...

Matt - me and chris talked about starting the zone after the holidays so I think what we are gonna do is pull out one of the old standard crossfit wods(fran most likely b/c it is the one most used to determine weather you are a firebreather or not) to get a baseline on performance and then begin the zone and a month or more into it come back to that wod and see how it is going. Now this is going to be cool with 2 or 3 people but the more people the better it would be.

tanner said...

This would give you the opportunity to post healthy recipes or info of that nature on the blog to help people stay in the "zone"

James A said...

OK, here's a topic for discussion. I did a bunch of pullups on Monday. Why, on Saturday, are my forearms and biceps sore to the touch? Plus I can't straighten my arms completely. If we can bypass the obvious reason, because I'm a wuss, I'd appreciate it. :-)

Matt_D said...

Uh-oh...RHABDO!

tanner said...

It could be stress, not enough rest, not enough protein not enough h2o or all of the above

Bob said...

I think you need to do pullups more often....

James A said...

Bob, I'd say you're 100% correct on that one!!

Gretch said...

James - that happened to me one time, and then my elbows and forearms swelled up to be HUGE! It turned out to be tendonitis... heat in the morning and ice in the evening, plus advil as you need it. Don't push it too hard or you'll be hurting even more!

Post a Comment