Wednesday, July 15, 2009

So totally hip

Hip mobility is critical for performance, posture, and pain-free functioning, and well just about everything.

Be sure you are loose and balanced in this area. Especially, tight hip flexors can overpower the posterior causing back pain, injury. Work both sides of the body. Strong quads are cool...but leave the back side and hips vulnerable to injury during bodyweight-bearing, full-body, explosive (and real world) movements...and that's not hip.

Exercises
More exercises
Explanation of hamstring injury

6 comments:

Bob F said...

I'm here Matt....

Matt_D said...

Whew! I thought after that "15 steps up and 15 steps down" joke that you moved on to bigger venues!

Unknown said...

I am now able to type again. I do not need hip flexibility. I need some way to stretch my arms because right now I'm too sore to BRING THE SALT!!

Bob F said...

I bet if you go to class tonight you will feel better....

Matt_D said...

BF...that was obviously typed prior to 5:30! Great omen!

Bob F said...

Yea, I think the Commander is checking out the blog before class. I was dizzy by the end of the night. Not enough water today. Bad day for that.

Post a Comment