Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Tuesday Attitude: Gettin' a busy signal!

Did you get it alot from friends/family over the holiday? The old, "You still working out at CF, boy that's great, I'd love to get over and start working out, but I'm just so busy." (or some 'busified' variant of this excuse). Waa-waaa, whatever, we're all busy.
A well-written blog piece by Danielle LaPorte called, We know you're busy now shut up about it, is a fun reminder on this topic.

She points out that:
"'Sorry, I've been busy,' has a little victim ring to it."
And in the end:
"...sometimes, many times, you don't need to excuse yourself at all. Just show up. Present and accountable..."


PS. CF raised $400 toward Operation Phoenix from the "For the Fallen" Workout!
PSS. This Tuesday Attitude theme was suggested by the lovely DJ...thanks for the help!

Present and accountable...go for it!

7 comments:

Maria_C said...

ahhhhh...

DanO said...

This is a hot topic for me! Someone once told me that "if you want help getting something done, call the busiest person you know"- meaning, truly busy people always seem to get everything done that they set out to do each day. They are experts at time management and organization. They are adept at juggling schedules to accomodate an unexpected demand for their time. Further, they seldem use the term "busy" as an excuse or a reason for not getting something accomplished they set out to do. By the way, I would not describe myself as one of those people. But I am working on it!

The blog link above is a good read. Take a look if you are not too.... ah, er, you know!

PS. I wanted to respond to this earlier but I was...

PSS. $400.00 for Operation Phoenix- Great Job Corps Fitness Members. Once again you rose to the occasion!

Maria_C said...

That was great advice ...and true!
Keep up the good work!

Wakinyan4 said...

There were some really interesting blogs on that page, the one about "Fear" was also very good!

Dan Oh, How are you feeling? I hear you are not well?

I think another good topic is simply about having a positive mental attitude and how to sustain it, just a suggestion for a future topic!

Matt_D said...

Livewrong: IPAs

SteveC said...

First of all... how did you get a picture of the phone in my Dad's kitchen?

Excellent topic. The doers taking care of business while others talk about it. People who are truly busy are too busy to talk about it. (or type about it... gotta go!)

Congrats to everyone on raising the money!

WhiteHotTruth said...

thanks for the shout out.
Danielle

Post a Comment