Friday, December 4, 2009

November M.O.M (Motivator of the Month)

Eric Esterbrook
Every month this award could be given to a lot of people for a number of different reasons. Getting more pushups off your knees, smoking the time it would usually take to run a 400, getting through a whole month without making a mistake. Whatever the reason, the people of CF definitely make their mark and it is difficult to narrow it down to just one. This month it was a bit easier. Eric came to me back in April and when he first started I understood what his limitations were and why he wanted to do some one on one. In his initial testing he could not do one full sit up and after 5 off the knee pushups he had to go to his knees to finish the remainder. This was not helped by his weight and the issue he had with eating the wrong things. I asked him the first day what he had eaten the night before and his answer was all you can eat wings...around 48! Since then he has made notable strides and has eventually come to the point where his diet isn't in question. He decided to make the change and the changes he has made have been monumental.
(LEFT: 35lbs heavier)

He could not do one pull up without the band assistance but two weeks ago he blasted
through a 4 round workout with 10 rep pull ups in the mix without the bands! He started off thinking he could do about three and when he showed me that he got the "kipping" down I wouldn't let him go back to the bands. I watched him rep them out for 4 rounds and was so pumped when I saw the disbelief on his face that he just finished 40 pull ups! This is what I want everyone on some level to experience in and out of CF and to experience things they never thought possible. Please help me congratulate Eric Esterbrook for motivating me and serving as an example of work=results! Great job!!!


11 comments:

Jan said...

Way to work for it, Eric! You've made tremendous strides by pushing yourself and taking control - keep it up!

Matt_D said...

Yeah, Eric! You look great, man. 35lbs?! That's wicked hard work. I saw the kips on Thurs, too, and they are rockin'!

Melissa H. said...

Kudos Eric! Tremendous strides takes tremendous dedication and you did it! Way to go!!!!!!!!!!!!

Trish the dish said...

Way to haul ass! Congrats Eric!

DanO said...

Eric, it has been a pleasure to see you progress over the past several months. I am looking forward to your Pull Up Seminar!

Unknown said...

It was 45 wings not 48...... The motivation started with Chris and Corps Fitness. You guys are awesome!!

(TC) Tyler Carter said...

As a fellow motivator of the month let me say, congrats man!!! That is wicked cool and I hope I have a chance to workout with you when I come back from Colorado. Keep it up!!!

Unknown said...

Way to go Eric!

Wakinyan4 said...

Nice!

marshall said...

Nice job Eric. Keep up the good work!

Unknown said...

Eric, that is awesome!!! I had not idea. Congratulations!!!

Post a Comment