Sunday, September 20, 2009

Sunday CFer


When you see The Dish at CF, you're guaranteed to see her working hard, and always smiling!







Name: Tricia Williams, 29

Why do you like CF? I love Corps Fitness for 2, very simple reasons. Hands down, it is the best all around workout I have ever been exposed to. Chris and Matt have the phenomenal ability to get into your head during a workout and make you aware that you will always have more to give before leaving the gym. I feel that learning to motivate and being effective at it is a rare talent. The second reason is the people! I love going to class, no matter what time or day and being completely surrounded by great, competitive people, who love to work extremely hard and laugh a little bit while doing it!

How’d you hear about it, when did you start? My first class was January of ’09. My husband, Brian, had been doing the classes for 9 months and would come home after every class and say, ”Tricia, you have to do this with me, I know you’ll love it, I can’t explain why, you just have to come.” I started with the Wednesday beginner class and could not wait to work my way into the advanced as it would give Brian and I an opportunity to do it together. I am confident that I echo thoughts of other couples who workout together, it quickly became quite the competition between the pair of us.

What other activities do you do to stay fit? Anything outdoors! Hiking, bike riding, trail running!

Do you use CF to train for any sport or activity? Currently, the Wetlands Challenge, September 27th at Blue Marsh!!!

Most and least favorite exercises? Most favorite would have to be anything group, ie) walking lunges or the ammo can/medicine ball relay sprint. My least favorite is the 8 count BB, what can I say?!

Most memorable moment? Would have to be this July, 110 degrees out (which I think could be an understatement)…sprints on the blacktop, and then everything seems really fuzzy…Matt commenting about the tread on his shoes melting…In my dreams that evening, I remember cursing the darn little sheets.

What would you like to see at CF? I think it would be awesome to have a bi-annual team competition incorporating relay races and group exercises, CF’s own little version of the winter and summer Olympics.

10 comments:

Maria_C said...

Thanks for sharing Trish!
I appreciate and admire your positive attitude.

Matt_D said...

Positive and upbeat is right! She is even smiley at 5am KB...of course a bit sleepy, once The Dish walked in and asked, "Matt, it's Friday, right?"....but smiley!

ScottD said...

Awesome Tricia!

Jan said...

So nice to have you (and Brian) on-board! Love when positive people get hooked b/c it adds so much energy to the group!! Good luck on Sunday - I'm sure you'll do well knowing what it feels like to push yourself!

Gretch said...

Great words Trish! You've come a long way and I'm pumped to see your dedication pay off when you perform on Sunday!

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

Trish,
Way to bring CF up a notch. It's always a pleasure to work out with you and Brian.

DanO said...

Trish, your dedication and positive attitude are contagious!

Trish the dish said...

Sunday is right!!! Blue Marsh here we come!

Adam R said...

Yeah Tricia! Dont't worry about Lauren's story about her Blue Marsh experience, she did not know what to expect. You guys will kick a$$!!

Post a Comment