Sunday, September 6, 2009

Sunday CFer

Daisy Janie, now that's a b-buster! Please notice...this is NOT the Motivator-of-the-Month Award. Even though at one time or another during class DJ has motivated each of us with a gentle "get your sh%t together" and "get your head out of your a$s." If you are asked to be featured here, we hope you participate and share your CF experience. You simply have to answer a few questions. DJ will demonstrate. Thanks.



Name, age: Jan DiCintio, 39

How’d you hear about it? From original attendee Meredith Groff back in the CF Ice Age, 2004. She told me it was “butt-kickin’ awesome,” and that was all I needed to hear. Thanks Mere!

Why do you like CF? Sooo many things to love about CF! The physical challenge of an unrelenting circuit (which they all are), the feeling of accomplishment, the escape from my own thoughts, the motivating ‘no excuses’ mentality of those who attend, and of course, the top-notch, personable instructors (my arm was not twisted to say that).

Why do you keep coming back? If it’s not broken, don’t fix it. As long as I’m maintaining / gaining strength & endurance, then it’s working! No other exercise regimen has given me the tools I need to feel this strong day after day, year after year.

Most and least favorite exercises? Whew boy….I’m damned if I do and damned if I don’t on this question. Most fave would be lunges, step-ups, med ball pass and box drills. And least fave would be the warm-up. Yep, pretty much the entire warm-up has always been painstaking. Anyone with me on this?

What’s a personal challenge you have at CF? 2 things: a proper bend & thrust without the “Lady’s Donkey Kick” and at least 25 correct push-ups off my knees.

Most memorable moment? Thanksgiving 2006: Torrential downpour, a bit on the cold side, outside at Gring’s Mill – turned into an absolute mud pit. All we could do was laugh through the pain. Took about 3 days for me to get warm after that!

What would you like to see? I would like to see a “Form Workshop” where there are various stations set-up to demonstrate & review best practices for certain exercises. Add some analysis in there, too, b/c none of us is above the law when it comes to constructive criticism. We can only get better!!

3 comments:

Maria_C said...

Thank you for sharing Jan!

Wakinyan4 said...

Outstanding Stuff!!! Thanks Jan!!

Unknown said...

Way to inspire, Jan!

Post a Comment