Sunday, October 25, 2009

Sunday CFer



Yes, she is one of the original, original CFers. How would you know her if you wanted to say Hi? She'd be the one wheeling in at 100mph just as class starts running you off the road on your warm up 400:)...or she'd be the one burying you with intensity during the circuit. Beth can bring it! (even on Rope Climbs!!!)






Beth Gehret
age 35

When did I start CF? I guess you could say I am one of the original CFers- back in 2004 when we would rotate from Colonial to Happy Hollow to Grings Mill to Stone House, etc. :) I never knew about CF or Chris before, but I met Meredith Groff at a Bunco party and we talked about exercising and running and she said I have the perfect class for you... we went to the Wyomissing Fitness Center, took the class, and the rest was history!!!

Why do I keep coming back to CF? I love the work-outs and motivation. I like how no two classes are the same. You never know what to expect when you come to class and I like that challenge! I like working every muscle and it's very helpful for me to have someone like Chris or Matt check my form. I also like the option of a punch card so I'm not paying a monthly fee. With a busy family, you don't always know when you can or can't come to class!!!

What else has CF helped me to achieve?? Besides toning my body and losing any pregnancy weight, I've been running several local races. I average about 10-12 races a year (mostly 5Ks or 5 milers) and I have placed in my age-group for many of them.

Fav. CF exercise: I don't really have a favorite, but I do enjoy step-ups on the huge tire!

Least Fav. CF exercise: rope climbs- I still can't make it to the top!!!

Most Memorable Moment: 2 years ago when a team of Corps Fitness girls won the Weekend Warrior Triathlon... We had no idea we were the first place female team and were shocked and very excited to get our plaques wearing our Corps Fitness gear!!!

What else?? hum... I love the fact that we are like a CF family. I've met so many wonderful friends...always there for each other both inside and outside the gym!!!

6 comments:

Trish the dish said...

Nice write up Beth! I hope you kicked butt in your race this morning!

Unknown said...

Great job, Beth....keep up the great work!

Jan said...

Ooh rah Beth G!! You are so right on with no 2 classes ever feeling the same ('cept for the little sheets)! And after 5 years, it's pretty amazing that that's still the case!! You've always been a huge inspiration for me - glad Meredith found us so long ago and stuck us in this craziness! Keep up the great work!

Wakinyan4 said...

You have always inspired me Beth, you 'Bring it!" every class, always giving 100%! Nice job!!

Unknown said...

Yea Beth. Nice job, always ready for another tough workout!

DanO said...

I enjoyed the read Beth. See you at class!

Post a Comment