Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Tuesday Attitude: Bigger than a breadbox?

“Individual commitment to a group effort -- that is what makes a team work, a company work, a society work, a civilization work.” -V. Lombardi

CF provides group conditioning:
1) "If you can't get here on time, then get here early!": Sundry formats of pushup penalty to be implemented.
2) "You're shmoopy. No, you're shmoopy.": Be prepared to demo exercises to expedite the process.
3) "Well don't you see it? Well pick it up!": YOU are responsible for placing correct weights at any weighted exercises. CF will put out weights as a guide and reminder of the exercise, but you must know the exercise and know what weight is appropriate (preferably before the circuit starts).
4) "Want me to drag him outta here, kick the sh%t out of him?": Pay attention. Listen. And Do. Don't sleepwalk. Don't over-analyze.

Ultimately, in group conditioning settings, everyone pays for mess-ups...whether it's generously applied punishment runs or simply the mental anguish of having the rhythm of the class disrupted...everyone pays.

At the same time, this implies that in group conditioning settings, everyone is a significant contributor (see Enso post).

(Identify quotes #3 or #4 for a prize. Post to comments. Only identify 1 per person please.)

13 comments:

Bob said...

I say JU for #4.

Matt_D said...

Movie quotes

Matt_D said...

Livewrong gets a cookie for #4!

But...errrnt on #3...too serious!

BTW, don't they read english in lancaster, PHOOL, it said answer only 1!

Wakinyan4 said...

OOPS!! I was so excited to respond, because I knew the Vaughn QUOTE right away, I did not see that verbage at the end (LOVE THAT MOVIE)...Yikes!!! You sure it's not Hartman???? :)

Adam R said...

#2 is actually Seinfeld, not a movie but still. Knew #4 also, great movie!

Matt_D said...

Livewrong...your Hartman may well have said that quote...but play like it's CF...what am I thinking!

CA, correct.

I see both of you played in the California Penal League.

Bob said...

I swear I heard either Johnny or Mere say #4 at some point.

Wakinyan4 said...

Since nobody else is guessing... than that #3 gotta be Lou from Caddyshack...."and you pick up that blood." the candy wrapper!!!! Eureka...That's it!!! I get another cookie!!

Jan said...

#3 is from Caddyshack - Matt's all-time favorite movie to quote, which he does more than twice a day.
---------------------------------
Lou Loomis: What's the sign say?
Angie D'Annunzio: No bare feet.
Lou Loomis: [picks him up by the shirt collar] What's that sign say?
Angie D'Annunzio: No fighting.
Lou Loomis: What's that mean?
Angie D'Annunzio: No fighting.
Lou Loomis: You owe me one gumball machine. What's that candy wrapper doing there? Well don't you see it? Well pick it up.

James A said...

Damn. Way to give us time to get it. :-) I had #3. Love Caddyshack! "Hey, you wanna make 14 dollars the hard way?"

Unknown said...

On hot days like this it's either a "pool or a pond. A pond would be good for you."

Adam R said...

Another good one for listening (like #4) is from another great quotable movie...

"Yeah I called her up. She gave me a bunch of crap about me not listening to her, or something. I don't know, I wasn't really paying attention.

DanO said...

Here's one for you movie trivia buffs...

"This is my town! If you live to see the dawn, it's because I allow it. I'm in charge of everything! I decide who lives or who dies!"

Note: Any correlation between this quote and Corps Fitness Management, implied or otherwise is purely and totally unintentional. If you interept it that way, thats YOUR problem!

Post a Comment