Monday, March 15, 2010

Monday "Did you know...?" Enhancement!

Well, the old "if it's got a label, it ain't food" is rearing its head again. As you know, most of what we eat from stores and restaurants tastes so darn good that it's almost addicting. Usually, this is due to some sort of faux sugar or salt to enhance the flavor (otherwise, we'd make it clean and simple at home!). The flavor-enhancer in the news recently is HVP (Hydrolyzed Vegetable Protein).
Why? Because it is an ingredient in alot of products and is being recalled due to a possible salmonella contamination. Read about the recall here. And here.


Also, did you know there are extra workouts this week for March Madness (R, F, Sa, Su)? Be sure to check out the times here at the blog or at the gym and try to make all 4 workouts in 4 days!

Notice, Friday evening time is changed to 6:30pm. Those of us working out on Friday night are planning to hang out a little bit (beverages, munchies)...all CFers are welcome (even if you aren't participating in March Madness workouts, stop by)!

18 comments:

Matt_D said...

Unless Livewrong has a violent outburst, comments could address procedure...
Many March Madness workouts are happening during regularly scheduled class times. But some occur on "off" hours. Are you planning to attend?
Thurs 5:30AM Barbarian?
Friday 6:30PM KB 64? (and/or gathering)
Saturday 6:30AM Murph (that may seem early, remember, we're here, he's not.)
Sunday 9AM 2hr Special

Melissa H. said...

I look forward to Th. early AM as well as Fri. 5AM, but my plane for sunny Florida leaves Friday evening, so I'll miss the rest! Sorry to miss!

Wakinyan4 said...

Matt D: Cante wasteya nape ciyuzapelo!

DanO said...

Hau, Kola

ScottD said...

i think i found someone who's not concerned about the recall! the anti_cfer.

ScottD said...

link

James A said...

Murph at 6:30 AM is wrong. I'll be there!

Matt_D said...

Is this the link?

ScottD said...

Here's The Link

http://www.nypost.com/p/news/local/nj_woman_attempting_to_become_world_pco3O4qPWiCg3yjEWaxx9N

Matt_D said...

XXXXXXXL wow! that's a great find!

Bob said...

That is just wrong. Did you look at the other pictures?

Unknown said...

We are coming to the after party Friday night
My dad is coming to Murph early Saturday-directly off the plane from Phoenix!
And everyone for the Sun morning!

Also, I heard the "lady" from the Post may make an appearance at the Barbarian Thursday-should be interestin'...The Nawas

Unknown said...

Ok, I can not believe that would be a goal of anyone - to weigh 1000 pounds!! Humans are odd creatures - of course I've had friends comment on my "oddness" for working out at CF, particularly early in the morning : )

I'm sorry to say I won't make ANY of the extra March workouts as I will be in sunny (hopefully!) Florida playing golf and tennis!! Where are you going to be Melissa???

Wakinyan4 said...

I might know a few Inuits who would salivate over that one, enough heating fuel to warm an igloo for an entire Alaskan winter......

Wakinyan4 said...

Melissa and LCDS, enjoy your vacations in sunny FLA, we will miss you gals, especially on Murph Day....:)

Melissa H. said...

Karen...going to Ft. Myers Beach...you?
Thank JU...people might not believe me when I say I'll miss the doing 100 pullups, 200 pushups and 300 air squats, preceded and proceeded by a 1 mile run...but I WILL :)! That being said, don't know if the Pink Shell resort has pull-ups bars for me to do there...

James A said...

That's gotta be an early April Fools joke. Gross doesn't even begin to scrath the surface. Yikes!

DanO said...

I heard that Kaag was hitting on that back in his "glory" days....

Post a Comment