Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Wednesday Form: Squat did you say?












The ability to strike the bottom of a squat, solidly, is critical. You will find, if you work at it, that mastering the squat opens up just about every other exercise. Why? It's not just "strength"...the majority of that skill to hit the bottom is Balance/Flexibility. Yes, shout-out to the boys showing us Balance and Flexibility (enough of the gals banging pullups, eh?).

Work on it with heels up, goblet squat, holding a band...whatever assists you need to slowly develop this skill. You'll soon find that those loose hips contribute to better exercises all around.

4 comments:

Wakinyan4 said...

I say we have an "Air Squat Challenge" to see who can do the most air squats "correctly" in a time period to be determined...that is what I think! Any takers out there in Phreakville?????
And to make it more interesting, how about making it overhead squats while holding a white-bar....???????

ScottD said...

I guess I better say ,yes!

DanO said...

I'll take you on Johnny Livewrong!

Unknown said...

I am in, but if push ups weasel their way into the challenge....then all bets are off!
Maria N

Post a Comment