Sunday, February 22, 2009

Give the gift of fatigue

Why give roses or chocolates, when you can give a "Bloody KB" workout for Valentine's. Well, well...better late than never. First, huge props to all those who finished...it was long and it was brutal (as advertised)...these folks totally got their endurance on!

Plenty of highlights...mfg running 8 miles beforehand, Johnny cussin' everyone out as "fools," or the best of all...some fella' named Brett winning the entire thing. That's right all you KBers (Karate, Tennis Karen, K-Tri, Bill...all ya' all)...some dude named Brett that's never been to a KB class before takes the cake....brilliant!

Completion times ranged from 64 to 74 minutes...I told you to bring a sandwich. Here it is...read it and weep!

THE WARM UP
150 JUMP ROPE
30 Russian Swing
30 KTE
30 2-Finger Swing
30 Broad Jumps
30 OH Swings
150 JUMP ROPE

THE ABYSS
20 Snatch
10 Pull ups
20 Hip Ext

18 Snatch
9 Pull ups
18 Hip Ext

16 Snatch
8 Pull ups
16 Hip Ext

....all the way down to...

2 Snatch
1 Pull up
2 Hip Ext

RUN 800M

THE BREATHER
3 ROUNDS:
5 Gladiator Press/TGU L
20 High Pulls
5 gladiator press/TGU R


THE SECOND WARM UP
100 STEP UPS
30 Walking Swings R
30 Good Mornings
30 Walking Swings L
30 Leg Raise/H-mooner
30 Mirror Swings
HILL RUN

THE APOCALYPSE
(50 ft bear crawl)
21 Pull Catch Squeeze Squat
21 B&T box jump

(50 ft bear crawl)
15 Pull Catch Squeeze Squat
15 B&T box jump
(50 ft bear crawl)
9 Pull Catch Squeeze Squat
9 B&T box jump

Next stop for a competition....St. Patty's Day....little Leprechauns, can you say "Murph?"

4 comments:

Bob F said...

Ouch.....That looks pretty nasty.

Matt_D said...

Hey Agent 86..."looks" nasty?...Oh, I'm sorry, I thought we actually had to workout...when did this change to a spectator sport?

SteveC said...

I can't take it... everywhere I look there's that name Brett.
I turn on ESPN... A story about Brett Favre followed by one about George Brett.
Then I try the comedy channel and Brett Butler is doing stand-up.
Changing the channel again, I switch to VH1, and it is a Rock of Love marathon starring, you guessed it, Bret Michaels.
Finally, I try to find an escape by reading my daughter a book, and as she hands it to me, I see the author's name, Jan BRETT! When will this nightmare end?
By the way, nice workout. Wish I could have been there.

Matt_D said...

Are you saying that this KB fella wasn't real but some sort of fitness apparition sent to mock you for missing the workout of the year?

Post a Comment